Major weight loss, aging process or multiple pregnancies can cause the skin to become droopy or inelastic over time. In some patients, the loose skin may tend to hang off the body, causing a heavily deflated appearance. The folds of loose skin may cause infection, discomfort, chafing, or skin irritation.
These cosmetic and medical concerns can be addressed successfully with a skin removal surgery. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides skin removal surgery to patients in Dallas, Texas, and surrounding locations.
Different Skin Removal Surgery Procedures
Skin removal cosmetic surgery can be performed in different areas of the body using proven surgical techniques. Your surgeon will assess the problem areas and the degree of sagging skin in your body and recommend a customized surgical plan. Common skin removal surgery procedures include the following:
- Body Lift: Full body lift or a lower or upper body lift surgery is one of the most effective ways to eliminate excess skin. This procedure can help you get rid of large amounts of loose skin in areas such as the abdomen, flanks, buttocks, thighs, hips, breasts, back and upper arms.
- Abdominoplasty and Panniculectomy: Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck plastic surgery focuses on removing loose skin from the waist and/or flanks areas. It may sometimes be combined with a panniculectomy, if you have a hanging “apron” of skin going down from your abdomen to the pubic area or even up to the thighs.
- Mommy Makeover: This is one of the most comprehensive and customizable cosmetic surgery procedures for moms who want to restore their pre-pregnancy look. It may involve skin removal surgery in one or more areas to create a smoother and more youthful look.
- Body Contouring: If you have stubborn excess fatty tissue deposits in certain areas along with loose skin, you may require a combination of skin removal surgery and liposuction. This type of body contouring surgery will help you restore younger looking and more defined contours following a massive weight loss or other factors.
Are You a Candidate for this Surgery?
You could be a candidate for skin removal plastic surgery if:
- You are unhappy with the appearance of significant amounts of excess skin that will not improve with diet and exercise
- Your loose or sagging skin has become considerably inelastic or overstretched
- Your body weight has stabilized following a bariatric surgery or another weight loss program
- You have no near future plans for a pregnancy or a weight loss procedure
- You are willing to stop smoking for at least a few weeks before and after the surgery
- You are not currently pregnant or nursing
Procedure Steps in Skin Removal Surgery
- Administration of general anesthesia
- Placement of incisions in concealed locations
- Removal of excess skin through the incisions
- Tightening, reshaping, and re-draping of remaining skin smoothly over the treatment area
- Incision closure and covering with bandages
Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas for skin removal surgery.
Contact Board Certified Dallas Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan to Schedule a Consultation
To schedule a consultation with Board Certified Dallas Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan please call 469-437-5426 or click here to contact us.
Taking patients from in and around Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, Irving, Frisco, Texas and more.