Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery
Any major plastic surgery procedure should be preceded by careful preparation and planning. You will get successful results from good preparation. Preparation also helps in covering all steps required for a healthy and quick post-surgical recovery. Patients that are well-prepared tend to be more confident in the surgery process. They are also in a better position to make enlightened decisions about the procedure.
During your initial consultation, your surgeon will discuss with you the various steps involved in the pre-op preparation for your surgery. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides tummy tuck surgery to patients in Dallas, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Tips for Preparation
The following essential tips should be followed by a patient while preparing for their tummy tuck procedure:
- Send previous medical records in advance to the surgeon’s office from other specialists and doctors.
- Prepare an exhaustive list of current medications (both prescription and non-prescription). Make sure to list vitamins and herbal supplements as well.
- Get lab tests or x-rays done as ordered by the surgeon.
- Arrange for your physician to speak with your surgeon if there are any adjustments to be made in prescription drug schedules.
- Arrange for someone to help you with cooking and cleaning during the first few days of recovery.
- Arrange for someone to drive you back to your home after the procedure.
You should be ready to follow all pre- and post-operative care instructions from the surgeon closely. You may increase the risk of complications and slow down recovery by not adhering to their instructions.
Common Surgeon Instructions
Your surgeon’s office may give you a set of oral and written instructions as part of your tummy tuck cosmetic surgery preparation. This usually includes:
- Avoid taking pain medications and NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen and aspirin for a minimum of 10 days before the surgery.
- Don’t use herbal or homeopathic remedies, vitamin E supplements, and dietary supplements for at least 30 days before the surgery.
- Do not wear jewelry, makeup, contact lenses, or body piercings on the surgery day.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing on the surgery day. Loose shorts and pants are also preferred. The top should have a zipper or buttons on the front.
- Don’t have alcohol for at least 48 hours before the surgery.
- Don’t drink or eat anything for 8 hours before the surgery.
It’s critical that you discuss all your concerns or questions without hesitating. You should arrange for essentials at home for your comfort.
Have a Healthy Diet
You should focus on a healthy and balanced diet once you have decided to opt for a tummy tuck surgery. Good nutrition will go a long way in strengthening your immunity and cutting down the risk of complications and infections. Post-surgical healing will be supported by having lean proteins.
You should consider increasing your intake of eggs, fish, chicken, yogurt, and light cheese. Avoid having a high dose of vitamin E for a few weeks before and after the surgery. Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas for tummy tuck plastic surgery and various other aesthetic procedures.
Contact Board Certified Dallas Female Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan to Schedule a Consultation
To schedule a consultation with Board Certified Dallas Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan please call 469-437-5426 or click here to contact us.
Taking patients from in and around Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, Irving, Frisco, Texas and more.