Body contouring procedure over the years has emerged as one of the most sought after cosmetic surgery procedures in the US.
Safety and success rates in this procedure have dramatically improved, but a pre-condition is that the procedure must be preceded by a thorough preparation process in order to create predictable and desirable outcomes.
Well-prepared patients will typically have more confidence about the surgery, and will go through the surgery as well as recovery phases with reduced risk.
At the time of initial consultation, the surgeon will provide detailed guidelines for pre-op preparation to the patient. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides body contouring surgery to patients in Dallas, Texas and surrounding locations across the horizon.
The patient should follow a few basic preparatory guidelines in order to improve their chances of a smooth and successful body contouring cosmetic surgery as well as post-operative recovery. These include:
- Arrange for the patient’s health records to be sent directly to the surgeon’s office for their review.
- Prepare an exhaustive list of all prescription and non-prescription medications, including herbal supplements and vitamins, which the patient may be presently using.
- Follow the surgeon’s advice regarding any change in the schedule of current medications, which may involve a consultation with the prescribing physician.
- Strictly avoid smoking for a few weeks as instructed by the surgeon prior to the scheduled body contouring procedure.
- Complete any pressing office or household tasks well ahead of the scheduled surgery in order to have a stress-free procedure and recovery.
- If necessary, arrange for a caregiver or a friend or family member to assist during the first few days following the surgery.
Patients who are committed to adhering to the surgeon’s instructions for pre-op preparation and recovery will have a reduce risk of complications and may experience a faster recovery.
The surgeon’s office may provide a common set of instructions to the patient as a part of the standard body contouring preparation process. These may include:
- Refrain from using blood thinning medications such as aspirin and NSAIDs for about two weeks prior to the surgery.
- Do not take vitamin E, vitamin C, and herbal supplements or dietary pills for about a month before the surgery.
- Minimize alcohol use and completely abstain for at least 48 hours prior to the surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything for eight hours before the scheduled time of surgery.
- Take adequate rest and sleep early on the night before the surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, jewelry, nail paint, body piercings, or contact lenses to the surgery center.
- On the day of the procedure, wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes with front buttons.
- Patients of diabetes should have their vital parameters checked on the morning of the surgery.
If the patient has any last-minute questions or concerns, they should feel free to discuss with the surgeon prior to the scheduled procedure. Committed and judicious board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas and nearby areas for body contouring surgery.
To schedule a consultation with Board Certified Dallas Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan please call 469-437-5426 or click here to contact us.