Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)
Overly large breasts in males can be a cause of embarrassment and emotional stress. This condition called gynecomastia can be corrected with male breast reduction cosmetic surgery.
During the initial consultation, the surgeon will carefully determine the patient’s candidacy and make the appropriate recommendation to treat gynecomastia.
Dr. Farah Naz Khan is a board certified female plastic surgeon providing surgical treatment for gynecomastia. Dr. Khan will use minimally invasive techniques to create safe and appealing outcomes involving less downtime. She provides gynecomastia surgery to patients in Dallas, Texas, and surrounding communities in The Lone Star State.
Who Should Consider Gynecomastic Surgery?
- Men who are embarrassed to remove their shirt in public, to swim, to participate in outdoor sports or to exercise at a gym
- Men who are unhappy with their feminine looking breast contours
- Men who suffer psychological or emotional distress associated with abnormally sized breasts
- Men who want to increase their social confidence with masculine chest contours
Although results with gynecomastia cosmetic surgery are usually permanent, the patient should be committed to maintaining a healthy body weight in the long run. They should eat a balanced diet and perform regular aerobic activities and exercise. Weight gain following male breast reduction surgery can compromise the results.
The patient should also have a positive state of mind, clear aesthetic priorities, and realistic expectations. Some men may feel self-conscious due to post-operative scarring. They should discuss such a possibility in advance with the surgeon, and then make an informed choice. The candidate should also be committed to avoid smoking for at least a specified time period before and after the surgery.
Characteristics of a Stellar Candidate
- The candidate is in good general health, and not suffering from any underlying medical condition that could interfere with the surgery
- The candidate is unhappy with the breast appearance or experiences physical discomfort due to the breasts
- The candidate has a fairly good amount of skin elasticity in the breast area because the skin will contract following gynecomastia
- The candidate has first tried to reduce breast size with diet and exercise
- The body weight of the candidate is moderate and stable
- The candidate is not taking steroids, drugs, or excessive amount of alcohol
Fat Reduction Technique
Male breast reduction surgery is often performed using surgical excision to remove excess glandular tissue. But some patients may require liposuction surgery if they have excess fatty tissue in the breast area, which is causing enlarged breast size. Therefore, the surgeon will carefully determine whether the patient is a candidate for surgical excision or liposuction to restore a normal chest appearance.
Some candidates may have the presence of both glandular and fatty tissue in the breast area. In such cases, the surgeon will recommend a combination of surgical excision and liposuction surgery. The candidate should be committed to following the surgeon’s instructions for pre-op preparation and post-op recovery to achieve best results.
Remarkable, reliable, and board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas and other communities and neighborhoods in this economically prolific and unparalleled state of Texas for gynecomastia.