Questions to Ask Your Breast Reconstruction Plastic Surgeon
While considering a complex cosmetic surgery procedure such as breast reconstruction, the patient should familiarize herself with all stages of the procedure and make up her mind if she is willing to commit the time and go through the preparation, surgery and recovery as per the surgeon’s advice.
It is also a good idea to review the practice website of the surgeon with whom she wants to have a breast reconstruction consultation.
When the candidate has acquired basic information about the procedure, it can help to make the consultation process more productive. She will be in a position to ask more pertinent questions during the initial appointment. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan of Khan Plastic Surgery provides breast reconstruction surgery to patients in Dallas, Texas and other towns and cities in this part of the US.
Important Questions to Ask
The patient should ideally create a written list of questions in advance and carry it along at the time of the initial consultation for breast reconstruction.
This will make the consultation process more effective and none of the important questions will be missed out. A committed surgeon will ensure that the patient is fully satisfied with their answers and will address all her concerns and doubts about breast reconstruction cosmetic surgery in an accurate and detailed manner.
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How long have you trained and practiced in the field of plastic surgery?
- Have you previously performed breast procedures, including breast reconstruction, and if yes, what is your success rate?
- Would you perform breast reconstruction at a hospital or an accredited surgical center?
- Am I a suitable candidate for breast reconstruction surgery?
- Would you recommend flap technique or breast implants or a combination of the two in my case?
- Can breast reconstruction be performed at the same time as my mastectomy, or is it better to have it done at a later stage?
- How much downtime will be involved after breast reconstruction, and is the recovery going to be painful?
- What are the potential risks and complications associated with breast reconstruction?
- How visible will be my scars after this surgery?
- What kind of preparation would I require beforehand, and will I need to adjust my lifestyle and diet?
- Can I review breast reconstruction before and after images of other patients to have a more realistic understanding of the results?
- Can I speak to one of your staff members to have more familiarity with your office, or have a brief office tour?
- Would you show me testimonials of past patients who may have previously received breast surgery procedures at your practice?
Reliable board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas and other cities and suburbs in the amazing Lone Star State for breast reconstruction.
The patient should feel free to ask questions regarding the costs, insurance and financing aspects of breast reconstruction surgery. The procedure is usually fully covered by health insurance. The surgeon and their team will make every effort to address the patient’s concerns and help her make a well-considered and prudent decision.
To schedule a consultation with Board Certified Dallas Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan please call 469-437-5426 or click here to contact us.