Breast augmentation is one of the major cosmetic surgery procedures, which should be chosen after due consideration of all aspects. The candidate should be clear about how the surgery will be performed, how much downtime it will involve, what will be estimated costs, and what risks and complications may potentially occur. The candidate should also have clear information about the surgeon’s training and experience and feel confident about her decision.
Prior to the consultation for breast augmentation surgery, the patient should ideally prepare a list of questions which she wants to ask from the surgeon. This will ensure that all key issues are covered during the consultation. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides breast augmentation to patients in Dallas, Texas, and other communities across the landscape in this part of the state.
Good Rapport and Trust
If the surgeon and the patient are able to establish a good rapport with each other and the patient trusts the surgeon, it will have a positive impact on the final outcome of the breast augmentation cosmetic surgery. The patient will be able to freely discuss her innate aesthetic concerns and desires, enabling the surgeon to incorporate her goals in the custom surgical plan.
A dedicated surgeon will take time to make the patient feel completely comfortable and help her develop clear goals and reasonable expectations. The surgeon may use the consultation opportunity to present breast augmentation before and after photos before the patient as well as show testimonials and reviews of earlier patients to provide insights from a patient’s perspective.
Some of the important questions that the patient should ask during the initial consultation for breast augmentation may include:
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you in the field of surgery?
- Do you have past experience of performing breast surgeries, and what is your success rate in these procedures?
- Would you use general or local anesthesia to perform my breast augmentation surgery?
- Would you perform the surgery at a hospital or an accredited surgical center?
- Do you think I am a good candidate for breast augmentation?
- Which type and size of breast implants would be more appropriate in my case?
- How long will it take inside the surgery room?
- What are potential risks and complications involved?
- How long will it take to recover after the surgery, and will it be a painful recovery?
- Should I arrange for aftercare in advance, and if yes, for how many days?
- What is the average longevity of breast implants?
- If the results of surgery do not turn out to be according to what we agreed on, will you perform a revision procedure?
- Will I be able to breastfeed in the future?
- Would the post-healing scars be obvious and visible?
- What will be the overall cost of breast augmentation, surgery, including pre- and post-operative expenses?
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas for breast augmentation.