Body contouring cosmetic surgery procedures may involve upper or lower body areas or both. The patient should have a clear idea about the type of fat reduction or body lift procedures that may be recommended in their case as well as the professional credentials of the operating surgeon.
A well-informed patient will feel more confident about their choices and have a better satisfaction level in the end.
At the time of pre-operative consultation, the patient will have an opportunity to clarify any doubts or concerns about body contouring surgery and ask all the questions that can help them make a better decision. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides body contouring surgery and various other procedures to patients in Dallas, Texas, and surrounding locations across this part of the glorious and thriving state of Texas.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you in cosmetic surgery procedures?
- Have you previously performed body contouring surgery?
- Where would you perform the surgery in my case?
- Do you have operating privileges at one of the local hospitals or surgery centers?
- Is your practice equipped to handle an emergency, should it arise?
- Do you have a policy for revision surgeries?
Questions about the Surgery
- Do I make a good candidate for body contouring surgery?
- Will you perform the surgery using general anesthesia or local anesthesia and sedation?
- Should I choose only fat reduction surgery or body lift surgery or both?
- Can you describe the steps involved in the body contouring surgery?
- Will I be required to make any adjustments to my current diet and lifestyle or change the schedule of my ongoing medications?
- Can I have access to a few body contouring before and after photos as well as testimonials of your past patients?
Questions about Recovery
- How long and painful is going to be the recovery after the surgery?
- What are potential risks and side effects that may be involved in body contouring surgery?
- How many days of leave should I apply at my workplace for recovery?
- Are there any precautions that I will need to follow during the recovery period?
- What can I do to mitigate the post-operative scarring?
Questions about Costs
- What will be the estimated cost of body contouring surgery in my case?
- Is your price quote inclusive of pre- and post-operative expenses?
- Can I save on the costs if I choose to have the procedure performed at a surgery center instead of a hospital?
- Will you charge additionally for the post-op appointments?
- Can I be eligible for a special package price or a rebate if I choose body contouring along with other cosmetic procedures?
- Will your office offer me guidance with regard to the insurance and financing aspects?
Remarkable and stellar board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas and nearby areas for body contouring surgery and various other cosmetic and reconstructive procedures.