Microneedling is a state-of-the-art collagen stimulating treatment that is designed to help renew and revitalize the skin naturally. It offers a more natural and gentler approach for attaining youthful skin as compared to other types of skin rejuvenation. It promotes the body’s elastin and collagen production for improving the skin’s volume, elasticity, and healing ability.
Microneedling can be used effectively and safely for mitigating the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, sun spots, and other imperfections on the skin. The procedure facilitates the performance of topical skin revitalizing products for a well-nourished and healthier looking skin.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides microneedling collagen stimulation treatment to patients in Dallas, Plano, Texas, and surrounding locations.
Who Should Choose Microneedling
These individuals could be good candidates for Microneedling:
- People that have experienced loss of skin volume
- People with sagging skin because of collagen depletion
- Individuals struggling with irregular skin tone, enlarged pores, and acne scars
- Individuals looking to improve age lines without undergoing injectable procedures
- People with darker skin tones that are not recommended for laser therapy
- Patients that prefer natural skin renewal procedures rather than superficial improvements
Highlights of Microneedling CIT Therapy
- Microneedling is a form of CIT or Collagen Induction Therapy. This is an FDA cleared device for anti-aging skin treatment among other conditions
- Your body’s natural defenses are stimulated in this treatment that helps in improving skin thickening by forming new collagen fibers. It leads to a reduction in stretch marks, scars, and wrinkles.
- There are no injections, incisions or downtime involved in the procedure
- Microneedling is primarily used for facial rejuvenation but can be used on almost all body areas
- Safe and effective on all skin tones and types
Microneedling Targeted Areas
Microneedling is generally used on the face to target:
- Acne scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots or sun spots
- Large pores
- Other scars
- Uneven skin tone
- Reduced skin elasticity
- Thinning cheeks and mid-face
Microneedling can also be used for treating stretch marks in other body areas in addition to facial concerns. A study found that the procedure was effective on abdominal area and thighs when combined with dermal fillers. Microneedling is primarily used for the face, but scarring on other body parts may also be treated with the procedure.
Microneedling is a swift procedure that doesn’t involve any downtime. You may experience minimal discomfort during the treatment session. Your skin may feel warm and appear reddish, rough, or tight in the first 3 – 7 days following the procedure.
Recovery and Results
There will be a certain degree of skin thickening so that the appearance of wrinkles, scars, sun spots, and melasma is reduced. Your treatment provider will perform a series of 3 – 6 microneedling treatment sessions for optimal results. Each treatment session will be spaced 4 – 6 weeks apart. You will experience firmer, lifted, and naturally rejuvenated skin in the targeted areas.
Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan receives patients from Dallas, Plano, Texas, and nearby areas for microneedling collagen stimulation treatment.
Contact Board Certified Dallas Female Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan to Schedule a Consultation
Taking patients from in and around Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, Irving, Frisco, Texas and more.