The decision to undergo breast augmentation cosmetic surgery is a significant one, and the patient will have to live with the results for a long time. This makes it vital for her to choose a highly skilled and experienced breast surgeon for this procedure.
Breast augmentation surgery may be able to help women achieve a higher level of self-confidence and self-esteem. But in the hands of an inexperienced plastic surgeon, the possibility of poor outcomes (which can cause disappointment and further expense for the patient) are significantly increased.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides breast implant surgery to patients in Grapevine, Dallas, Texas, and surrounding locations.
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon Certified by the ABPS
Patients must ensure that their plastic surgeon for a breast procedure by board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
Many people mistakenly believe that state boards offer them a reliable way to ensure that the surgeon they select is qualified to perform the procedures they promote. However, state governments do not stipulate that a surgeon be trained in the exact procedures that they promote to patients.
For this reason, it becomes crucial for a woman to work with a breast surgeon who is certified by the ABPS in plastic surgery. Board-certified surgeons are required to undergo a certain number of years of training in surgery after medical school, in addition to completing at least two years of cosmetic surgery residency training to achieve this prestigious certification.
Personal Rapport and Comfort Level
It is a good idea for the patient to pay close attention to how the surgeon and their staff make her feel. An inherent risk of complications is associated with any plastic surgery procedure. This may place impediments in the woman’s path to accomplishing her desired breast augmentation results.
She must feel fully comfortable with her surgeon and their staff. Therefore, it is important for the patient to select a plastic surgeon who she trusts and feels entirely comfortable with.
The patient should ask herself the following questions:
- How does spending time with this cosmetic surgeon make me feel?
- Do I trust this breast surgeon to offer me recommendations on safe and effective procedures?
- Do I feel comfortable enough to openly ask this plastic surgeon any questions or express doubts that I may have during the entire breast augmentation cosmetic surgery process?
- Am I comfortable to discuss my entire health history and lifestyle behaviors with this breast surgeon?
Questions during the Consultation
At the time of the pre-operative consultation, some suggested areas that the patient can ask questions to the surgeon on are:
- Details on the background and experience of the surgeon
- Information on the surgical facility where the procedure will be performed (ensure that the breast augmentation procedure is undertaken at a surgical center, a hospital, or an accredited surgical suite)
- Potential risks involved in breast enhancement surgery
- The number of breast surgeries that the surgeon has undertaken to date
- Other options for breast enhancement
- Before and after images of previous breast enlargement patients
If the patient feels that the surgeon is not forthcoming or is evasive in providing her the necessary information on these aspects, she should re-assess her choice of a plastic surgeon for breast augmentation. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas for breast implant surgery.
To schedule a consultation with Board Certified Dallas Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan please call 469-437-5426 or click here to contact us.