The choice of a liposuction surgeon is a decision that will impact the patient’s life for a long time, if not their entire lifetime.
A liposuction body sculpting cosmetic surgery can develop an appealing neck appearance for patients who are unhappy with the look of their sagging neck area.
But this procedure can lead to undesirable results in the hands of a less qualified or inexperienced surgeon, which may lead to disappointment for the patient as well as extra money and time spent on revision surgery. For this reason, it is advisable for patients to work with a well-qualified and experienced liposuction surgeon.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides liposuction body sculpting to patients in Dallas, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Selecting an ABPS Board Certified Surgeon
Ideally, patients should work with a cosmetic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). Surgeons with ABPS board certification would have received a minimum number of years of training in the field of cosmetic surgery after medical school.
Additionally, ABPS board certified surgeons must undergo a minimum of two years of plastic surgery residency training before they are eligible for this globally-recognized certification.
Comfort Level and Personal Rapport
It is important for the patient to closely observe how the surgeon and their staff make them feel. There are some associated risks with any surgical procedure. These risks may create challenges in the patient’s journey to achieve their desired aesthetic goals. Therefore, patients should work with a surgeon with whom they feel comfortable.
The patient should consider the following:
- How does interacting with this cosmetic surgeon make me feel?
- Do I find this plastic surgeon trustworthy and believe that they will recommend appropriate procedures to me?
- Do I feel at-ease asking the surgeon questions and expressing doubts during the liposuction consultation process?
- Will I be able to comfortably reveal my medical history and lifestyle habits to this liposuction surgeon?
Questions to Ask During the Consultation
The patient should create a list of all questions that they have prior to the consultation and take this list to their appointment with the liposuction surgeon.
- Details on the qualifications and background of the plastic surgeon
- Information on the surgical facility (ideally, the surgery should take place at a hospital, an accredited surgical suite, or a surgical center)
- Emergency protocols
- The experience of the surgeon in undertaking body sculpting and other plastic surgeries
- The risks related to liposuction plastic surgery
- Liposuction alternatives
- Before and after images and testimonials of previous patients
In case the patient feels that the surgeon is not forthcoming and honest during their discussion, they should reconsider their choice of a plastic surgeon.
Focus on Customization and Innovation
Each person has a unique anatomy. Patients usually achieve the best results from liposuction cosmetic surgery when the plastic surgeon individualizes the procedure to their specific anatomical and cosmetic needs.
Plastic surgeons who use cutting-edge liposuction techniques usually offer their patients beautiful results in a minimally invasive and least painful way. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas for liposuction body contouring.
To schedule a consultation with Board Certified Dallas Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan please call 469-437-5426 or click here to contact us.