Women may sometimes seek breast implant removal if they are unhappy with the current shape or size of their enhanced breasts, or their cosmetic preferences have undergone a change over time.
Another significant reason for which women seek breast implant removal cosmetic surgery is capsular contracture.
In the US, as many as 40,000 women receive breast implant removal surgery annually. If similar sized breast implants are replaced, this procedure is relatively simple. When there is no implant replacement involved, this procedure may be performed along with a breast lift.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan provides breast implant removal and other procedures to patients in Dallas, Texas, and surrounding communities.
The best outcomes from a plastic surgery procedure such as breast implant removal manifest when the procedure is customized to the unique needs of the patient.
Dr. Khan will carefully assess the patient’s anatomy and cosmetic goals to develop a personalized surgical plan. Her focus is on the creation of desirable aesthetic outcomes in a holistic and comprehensive way. Dr. Khan uses common incisions wherever possible during the procedure.
Her objective is the minimize the size and number of incisions, place incisions in inconspicuous sites to make any future scarring discreet, and reduce the downtime, discomfort, and risks of complications for the patient.
Choosing an ABPS Board Certified Surgeon
It is advisable for the patient to work with an American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) board certified surgeon.
Many patients mistakenly believe that state boards provide them with a reliable way to make sure that the surgeon they choose is trained to perform the procedures they advertise. But the state government does not require a surgeon to be trained in the particular procedures that they offer to patients.
For this reason, it is crucial for a woman to work with a breast implant removal surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery by the ABPS. Board certified surgeons receive a minimum number of years of training in surgery following medical school.
Additionally, they must complete a minimum of two years of plastic surgery residency training to attain this sought-after certification.
Personal Rapport and Comfort Level
The patient should also pay attention to how the surgeon and their staff make her feel. Any surgical procedure has an inherent risk of complications, which may lead to impediments in the patient’s path to accomplishing her desired breast implant removal outcomes.
She must feel entirely at ease with her surgeon and their staff. For this reason, the patient should choose a plastic surgeon with whom she feels completely comfortable.
The patient should consider the below mentioned questions:
- How does spending time with this cosmetic surgeon make me feel?
- Do I trust this cosmetic surgeon to offer me guidance on safe and effective procedures?
- Am I comfortable enough to freely ask this surgeon any questions or express concerns that I may have during the breast implant removal surgery process?
- Will I feel comfortable revealing my complete medical history and lifestyle habits to this breast surgeon?
Ask Questions during the Consultation
At the time of the pre-op consultation, the patient should ideally go into the appointment with a list of questions that they prepare beforehand. The patient can seek answers from the surgeon for the following questions during the pre-operative consultation:
- Information on the certifications and background of the surgeon
- The surgical venue where the procedure will be undertaken (make sure that the breast implant removal procedure is undertaken at a hospital, a surgical center, or an accredited private surgery suite)
- Emergency procedure
- Risks and complications associated with breast implant removal surgery
- The number of breast surgeries the surgeon has performed previously
- Other breast implant removal options
- Before and after pictures of previous patients
In case the patient feels that the surgeon is not honest and forthcoming in offering her the necessary details on these facets, she should reconsider her choice of cosmetic surgeon for her breast implant removal surgery.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Farah Naz Khan receives patients from Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas for breast implant removal surgery.
To schedule a consultation with Board Certified Dallas Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Farah Khan please call 469-437-5426 or click here to contact us.