We are honored that you are considering us for your cosmetic surgery needs. We understand it can be overwhelming when trying to schedule surgery from out of town so we hope this guide is helpful. It goes without saying that if you still have any questions, feel free to call our office at 469-4-DRKHAN. We are here to help!
The Initial Contact
When you contact our office, our patient care coordinator will ask you demographic and background questions (via your preferred route of communication) to determine what procedure you are interested in. She is a WEALTH of knowledge and can answer questions you may have related to the logistics of traveling for a certain procedure as well as any financial considerations.
Based upon your answers and interest, she will schedule you for a phone consultation with Dr. Khan. Prior to your consultation, you will be asked to send photos so Dr. Khan can review them.
During your scheduled phone consultation, Dr. Khan will discuss with you whether you appear to be a candidate for the procedure you are interested in based upon your photos, medical history, and concerns/wishes. You may be a candidate for an alternative procedure and if so, Dr. Khan will let you know. She will explain to you how the procedure is performed and answer any questions you may have about expected recovery and possible risks/complications.
After the Phone Consultation
Our patient care coordinator will contact you to see if you have any additional questions. She will also ask you who is planning to travel with you because you will need someone to take care of you after surgery. If you do not have someone who can travel with you, please let her know so she can arrange a private nurse for you.
Once you schedule your surgery, she will send you a packet of paperwork that will get you ready for your big day! Please note this paperwork may include certain lab requisitions, imaging requirements, and/or physician visits that you will need to get done prior to visiting with Dr. Khan.
In Office Consultation
Based upon your schedule, we will meet with you at our TurtleCreek office prior to your surgery. Often, patients will schedule this appointment for a few days/weeks prior to surgery or even the day prior, depending upon patient preference. Dr. Khan will conduct an in person examination and evaluation. She will also take your photos and go over with you any concerns/questions you may have. Please note that Dr. Khan will verify with you the procedure you are best suited for based upon your in person exam.
Day/Night Prior to Surgery
Our anesthetist will confirm with you the time you are scheduled to come to the surgery suite. She will also confirm your medical history and answer any questions/concerns.
Day of Surgery
Please show up to the surgery suite at your scheduled time with your designated caretaker for the day. He or she will be given a set of post op instructions for you to follow when you are discharged.
OUT OF TOWN PATIENT PEARLS
- Bring compression stockings with you that you can wear on your travels back home.
- Bring comfortable clothing with you that you can wear the day of surgery (sweat suits, lounge wear) with easy slip on shoes.
- Your prescriptions will be called into your hometown pharmacy, please make sure to pack these with you.
- You will be seen for a follow up appointment the day after surgery, please make sure your travel plans are AFTER your appointment.
- When returning home, remember to get up every hour and walk around the plane or if being driven, get out and walk around at a rest/break area every hour.
- If driving into town for surgery, make sure you arrive the night prior so you can settle comfortably in your hotel and do not feel rushed the morning of surgery.
- DFW (DALLAS FORT-WORTH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT): Largest hub for American Airlines
- LOVEFIELD: Hub for Southwest Airlines